About The Eye of the Crone

The perspective shared here is one that comes from decades of experience, study, and personal unfoldment. It is ultimately the result of an unexpected spiritual awakening that occurred in 1971, by which a foolish young woman touched Wisdom, and became a dedicated student of the Divine Being.

Sunday, March 8, 2009

The Gods Have Passed

.
One by one my gods have passed;
Their hour of rule upon the holy mount
Within the heart of me has passed,
And they departed from Olympian heights
To be devoured by Time, and then to be
Digested by my personality.
In this most ancient rite of passage,
In this sacred feast of sacrifice,
They have become no more than I,
And I no less than they.
Twice-bornRenascent deity resides within;
And I am whole, and I am one with them.
Now am I ruler of my sphere;
Upon the throne of my own heart I sit
As god and goddess in eternal union
At the center of the world;
And I am ageless, timeless, ancient youth,
And I Am That I Am, and I Am Truth.
Deathless Self, divine identity
Is mine in this most catholic
Assimilation to integrity of mind
And soul and spirit, formed by that
Which now I know myself to be:
Creator and created; wholly me.